Keys To Safer - Detection and Prevention of Violence

Shelter In Place KitsShelter In Place Kit - Nuclear Disasters (click here)
Opt: Iodine Pills & Radiation Detector


Search the Site















News Articles


FREE Services

  Trainer Section  



Let Keys help to
Lock Out
School Violence
Additional Links


*  Download Keys Brochure

*  Scheduled an Event
*  Co-Sponsor an Event  
*  Register for an Event  
*  What Others Are Saying
*  About KEYS'  
*  Review Our Credentials  
*  On-Line Training  
*  Order Material Today!  
*  Anti-Violence Programs  
*  Ask The Experts!  
*  Free Handouts available
*  Free Natl Reports avai.
*  Join Our Team  
*  Link "Keys" to my site  
*  Obtain Award from us  
*  Advertise/Sponsorship  
*  Map of School Shootings

*  What's new




Signup For A FREE

School Safety Newsletter

Click Here


To Download archived copies of our Safety Bulletin - Click here!

Keys To Safer

P.O. Box 296
Bryant, AR  72089-0296
"toll free" (800)504-7355


Email Address


Advertise your business today!!




Certification Training - Assessment of the Potentially Dangerous Student

Can we determine the student in need of immediate help from the Prankster without guessing?

Learn more about the Potentially Dangerous Student

Learn how to receive Certification as a Trainer of the Risk Assessment Team Program

View concept- learn how model was patterned after the Special Ed. Model


Based on the Manual: "Why didn't we see it coming??!!"

The material in this training, which produced the Assessment Tool, comes from Internationally researched studies commissioned by the US and other Government Agencies.

Don't let this happen at your School...BE PREPARED!!This training presents the MOST UNIQUE tool available today in school violence prevention.  This one-page tool is  designed for use by the non-Mental Health Professional for identifying students who possess traits that indicate they may need help. The material in this training and the tool comes from internationally researched studies commissioned by the US and other Government Agencies. Successful completion of the training leads to Certification to use and a License to Reproduce the copyright protected tool. A model is also presented for schools to implement an assessment program. 


An Assistant Superintendent at one school district said:

"We needed an objective way to demonstrate the reasoning behind differing types of action taken toward students for seemingly committing the same offense.  This [tool] and your training have provided that to us."

This full day of training is power packed with information, techniques and handouts such as: 

The Training

Why we miss them

Where shootings happen

Who were the shooters

Their common Characteristics

How to Identify Early & Imminent Warning Signs of the Potentially Dangerous Student.

How to Assess Students for those Signs.

How to rank/rate the Early Warning Signs using the Assessment Tool. How to develop an Assessment Team and Model for your School District. 

The Assessment Tool

Is Objective not Subjective  Relies on Observable behavior
Internationally Researched Applicable to Every School

Handouts in the Training

Tips for Parents checklist Intervention Practices
Crisis Procedure checklist Students Action Steps checklist

See how your School is doing "Is it safe?" checklist

This training is "must have" for every school in the today's world!

A Newspaper interview May 2000 about the training with Director - Mike Nelson, MS, LPC, NCC:

The Arkansas-based Keys to Safer offers an assessment test for selected school Staff to give which helps detect a child who is just a pranksters from one who is in need of help (a Potentially Dangerous Student). The test requires an educator to fill-out a one-page questionnaire on the child's behavior and social skills. If the administrator answers yes to two or three questions, experts recommend counseling for the student. The higher the student scores, the more aggressive treatment is recommended. The test's creators have weighted the scoring system to red-flag borderline cases, as well. They, too, want to err on the side of caution. Since the test's unveiling 18 months ago, about 10 percent of the students who made jokes about violence were determined to need some kind of therapy. The remaining 90 percent were not considered threats. "That's why zero tolerance doesn't work," said Mike Nelson, the center's director. "Schools need to be more flexible. I liken it to a tree. It may stand straight and tall, but all it takes is one big wind to blow it right over." The key, Nelson contends, is teaching educators how to tell troubled students from ill-humored ones. Doing that, however, can be a difficult -- if not dangerous -- game. "We're putting a lot on schools these days," Nelson said. "They have to be properly prepared to handle situations like these." 


Copyright 1999 All Rights Reserved


Interested in Developing a website with a

worldwide presence?